Obviously it is the Mexican issue of Premiere magazine. Doesn’t Hombres De Negro III have a nice ring to it?
Hollywood folk all have managers and agents, and they give them big cuts from the pay bonanzas. And because the money can be so great, legal disputes are commonplace.
Men in Black director Barry Sonnenfeld had UTA as his agent when his deal for the first movie of the franchise was made in 2005. He left UTA for CAA soon after, but UTA expect that all of Barry’s income that flows on from that original deal should be shared with them.
UTA have been awarded $325,000 by a Superior Court, but Sonnenfeld will appeal – he alleges that his deal for Men in Black 3 is different to those of the first two movies.
More at The Hollywood Reporter
Rick Baker is famous with a capital F for his makeup effects. He rose to fame courtesy of the movie An American Werewolf in London and hasn’t looked back since. Here’s two pics of Rick working on the latest Men in Black sequel:
According to a long and revealing interview between MTV and Barry Sonnenfeld, there might be more MIB movies one day, perhaps depending on next month’s box office:
MTV: Wrapping up, you talked about how the ending of this film is “surprising.” As much as you can tease, do you view this film as an ending to the “Men in Black” trilogy? Or are there ways to continue the story?
Sonnenfeld: The fantastic thing about “Men in Black 3″ is that it totally closes out the trilogy, it answers questions that you didn’t even know you should be asking, it leaves you emotionally warm and sad and happy, and it could also reboot the franchise. But I can’t even begin to tell you how to interpret all of that. [Laughs] But I would say this: If your interpretation is that “Men in Black 4″ will only star the worm guys and Frank the pug, you are wrong.
They also discuss how the movie began shooting even though only the first act had been written, and how funny guy Jemaine Clement managed to play the main villain.
Expect a top-notch MTV-type video closer to the movie launch date in late May.
Last month it was leaked that Lady Gaga has a cameo role in MIB3, as a sequel to Michael Jackson’s appearance earlier in the franchise. Now we have news that Justin Bieber and Tim Burton are also Men In Black aliens, according to director Barry Sonnenfeld (interviewed by Collider)
“In this one there are a few people that you’ll see up on the surveillance board including Lady Gaga, Tim Burton, who probably knows more about aliens then I do, and let’s see who else . . . Justin Bieber.”
But that doesn’t necessarily mean they will be acting in the movie:
“Well, we’ve always had in Men in Black headquarters, alien surveillance, so one of the joys is deciding who you would put up on the board, who you would tell the world are aliens. And A) the challenge is you have to get permission from these celebrities and B) you don’t want to go with people that are either a flash in the pan, or political, or people that then in 10 years no one will know who you’re talking about.”
Written by rapper Pitbull (his real name is Armando C. Perez), and three others (Marc Kinchen, Adrian Trejo and Urales Vargas), “Back in Time” is the official theme to the new Men In Black movie. This is the first time the theme for a MIB movie is not performed by Will Smith. It’s not surprising, because Smith’s musical career has been on hold since 2005.
If you want to hear the song, you can buy it at iTunes or just listen here:
Over at the official Men in Black site there is now a trivia game:
- In what downed ship did the MIB discover a Universal Translator?
- Frank the Pug is a specialist in what field of expertise?
- What is fired out of Agent K’s favorite weapon – the Series 4 Deatomizer?
- What’s the name of Agent K’s true love, the woman he left behind to join the MIB?
- What do Cephelopoids use to breathe with?
- What would the MIB use to cart away a small spacecraft?
- What is Agent K’s “go to” source for tips on alien activity – what he calls the “Hot Sheets”?
- How many hours are there in a day on alien time?
- What is the special power of the Kylothians from planet Jorn?
- What does a special button on every MIB Agent’s watch do?
- Roughly how many aliens are living on Earth at any given time?
- What do Bugs like to drink to replenish their energy?
- What is a common after-effect among people who have been neuralyzed?
- What’s the name of the internet-like tracking system used by MIB?
- What shape is the face of the official MIB Agent watch?
The questions might look hard, but don’t worry – it’s multi-choice.